Thursday, March 19, 2015

Spring is Here in Florida

Spring just popped in to Florida within the past few days.
Everything is covered in pollen.
I know because I can't go outside.
I can't breathe, my eyes itch, I'm congested. Ugh.
And my red car is yellow.
But . . . spring is certainly a welcome sight.
These are some azaleas blooming in the yard.
Actually I took this photo a week ago
and we still have blooms. Tons of them.
Anyway, I am getting further behind with my art journal prompts,
this particular prompt was You Are an Artist.
The description was - show what you are really good at.
So.
I love me some bright, wonderful, bold, beautiful, 
in-your-face-awesome color!
Here's another 5" x 7" scrap of leftover color.
Dylusions Ink Sprays.
Gotta get 'em all!
Every color, and multiple bottles of some colors.
(Bubblegum pink, lemon zest, fresh lime.)
I used lots of water and played with the color till I came up with this.
Then I added my favorite - flowers.
Hahaha! If you click on the color photo and enlarge it,
then you can click back and forth between the two
and you will be able to see how the flowers came to life.
For the first time ever, the photos pretty much line up perfectly.
If the flip thing works :).

Prompt #9 - √.
Now on to 10, 11, and 12.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love these backgrounds with the Zentangle work done on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice. Love your beautiful flowers on top of that bright yummy color.....Yes Spring is here, and it arrived here in New York with snow. I love the snow, but I'm so ready for those beautiful flowers to show their faces here too. Enjoy Spring in spite of your allergies......Linda E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating seeing the before & after - love those flowers. You take care of yourself with that pollen. We're just warming up here & today was lovely with the sun shining & I could even take my coat off in the sunshine.
    Have a super weekend.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It worked! Flipping between the two pictures! What a great page. Love the colors and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).