Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!

 Merry Christmas!
This post is going to be chock-full of photos!
Hope that's alright. Hahaha!
 We haven't had a Christmas tree in the Hendon household in several years.
It got to be so much trouble with the cats
determined to take it down year after year.
A couple years we were away from home.
 This year it is just Mark and I, but I decided why not.
We can enjoy a pretty tree by ourselves.
I found this tree at Hobby Lobby and had to have it,
even though I already had three trees in the closet.
 I just love the snow and pinecones and berries!
 It sits on top of my studio desk so the new kitten -
Aurora - can't get to it. 
So far at least.
Most of these pictures are ones I posted on instagram,
that would explain why some of them look so different.
It's all about the filters.
Even though there are are no lions or lambs in this photo,
this ceramic piece I got at Cracker Barrel :)
reminds me of the saying about the lion
laying down with the lamb.
 I have a wall tree in Kali's bedroom.
In case you haven't heard of those before -
they are literally half a tree and they hang on a wall.
They are intended for apartments -
or people with crazy cats!
 I did this one in all blue.
 Seeing as how we live in Florida, gotta have a little ocean life on the tree.
 A stringer of fish!
And a lovely snowflake.
Cause sea turtles and snowflakes go so well together!

Merry Christmas all!
Enjoy your time with your families.
Or just by yourself.
You can have a lovely holiday that way as well.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a lovely post - I love your trees & isn't it super to have decorations to enjoy. I had to chuckle over your marine life & I can see the lion & lamb analogy. Hope Aurora doesn't get too interested in the decorations.
    Have a super time - we're just the two of us too & I agree it can be super with just peace & quiet………..
    With peaceful greetings
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).