Saturday, August 16, 2014

New Product, New Tangles, and Diva Challenge #180

It has been a rough week. A summer cold in Florida is not the way to spend a few pleasant days. Trust me on this one. So I am trying to fight my way back to being healthy with a little tangling. 

This week's Diva Challenge is to use Anneke van Dam's new tangle MacDee
I was thinking MacDee would be a perfect background to another new tangle I wanted to try out - nymph. Melinda Barlow's new tangle nymph is similar to 'nzeppel - only fancified :). I really love how it turns out! You can tangle singles or tangle in clumps. You should give it a try! Here are Melinda's steps to nymph.
So I combined the two tangles and used a tile that I had pre-misted with Lindy's Stamp Gang's new Moon Shadow Mist. The color I used is named Phantom Fuchsia. If you haven't heard of these you can check them out at www.joggles.com - that's where I get mine. Moon Shadow Mists are walnut ink based with a glimmer of shimmer that comes from mica. (Unfortunately, the glimmer-shimmer-awesomeness did not photo well. Sad day.)
So. As promised - one new product, two new tangles, and Diva Challenge #180 - √.
You can check out the Diva Challenge here.

The Creator's Leaf

24 comments:

  1. The two tangles work well together. MacDee makes a nice background. I like the touch of colour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. new tangles are always fun to try - and interesting to see how they turn out :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love this! These two are made for each other. The Moon Shadow Mist looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you are able to play with the moon shadow mists some - they are wonderful!

      Delete
  3. Like your tile. Will have to try Nymph. I love 'Nzeppel. This looks like a great variation. Like the background on this even if the sparkle does not show up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! i love sparkle and it rarely ever shows up, so sad. haha!

      Delete
  4. Your tile is gorgeous; MacDee and Nymph (yes, I'm going to try that one today) are GREAT together. I hope this Moon Shadow Mist is available here in Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, before I read your post I thought you had used coffee. Beautfiul, Nymph is the perfect tangle to TANGO with MacDee. Lovely work, I need to try some of the moon shadow mist. It has that wonderful organic feel. Thanks for the 3-some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely tile! Wonderful the combination of the two tangles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, lonetta, they just popped together :)

      Delete
  7. Great combination - thank you for sharing the stepouts for this as I've seen it done but wasn't sure how! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, annie, i asked the artist for permission first. i usually give links in pink to any of the tangles i use

      Delete
  8. Terrific tile. The patterns work well together and the Shadow Mist background seals the deal beautifully. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, david! the moon shadow mists are a really neat line of product!

      Delete
  9. Lovely tile. I really like the two tangles together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that MacDee just really works well in the background. thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  10. I love the combination of patterns. I'm going to have to check out those sprays. They look fun and lately I've been into using color! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are fun! and lindy's stamp gang has 2 other lines of spray i'll be using and showing soon :)

      Delete
  11. Very nice! I love the way these two worked together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do go well together :) thank you for stopping by!

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).