Thursday, June 12, 2014

Watercolored Shells

Last week we spent a few days at Cedar Key, on the gulf, just relaxing. I took along a sketchbook and my peerless watercolor swatches.
The shower curtain had all these lovely seashells pictured on it and I thought that I could certainly draw some of them. 
Apart from zentangle and tangling I can not draw. Not a bit. Like - - - not at all. So I really cringe to show you these, but I don't think they turned out too badly. And though the two shots above look the same, they are different. One is the unembellished watercolor. The second has been given a little extra oomph with a clear gelly roll glitter pen. Cause I like all things sparkly and glittery.
It's just too bad the glitter doesn't photograph well.
I even remembered to give them a little drop-cast shadow (I think that's what Dion called it in my pencil class). Hahahaha! I am trainable. At best.

The Creator's Leaf

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful Alice looks like you had lots of Zen time wish I didnt forget my art bag when we were in The White Mountains of New Hampshire beautiful Lupine and MTs and lakes lined with Lupine these are BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous !!! Now its Ocean time!!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).