Thursday, January 23, 2014

Re-Eval Done

I spent the morning at the podiatrist,
re-evaluating this achilles tendon issue.
Four weeks of physical therapy coming up.
Along with wearing a foot splint while I sleep at night.
Continue the heat treatments, the ice packs, and the BioFreeze.
Then we will evaluate the situation again.
The doctor said this injury will take awhile to heal up.
Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but it could have been worse.
From there I went and sat and watched the boys.
Everyone wanted treats!
Especially this boy. Gus.
What a card! Haha!
And then the girls were all like, "Hey! What about us?"
They really, really love their treats!
For those of you who might wonder, the girls are miniature donkeys.
Hershey is the smallest, she is the lighter brown one.
At the top of her back, Hershey is about 24" tall.
Full-grown all three. 
Mark actually got some work done today.
And I spent the rest of the day icing my foot.
Bah humbug.
(Am I allowed to say that when it isn't Christmas-time any longer?)

(And, yes, I know this isn't art, but it was the best I got today.)
The Creator's Leaf

6 comments:

  1. Photography *is* art. Especially when there are pocket donkeys involved. Too cute! Here's hoping and praying you'll be better before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love my girls! i get vertigo really bad, and i'm afraid to ride the horses - afraid i'll get dizzy and fall off - so we got the little donkey girls for me to play with. i wrap my arms around their neck and just lay on their backs. we even put one of the granddaughters on Hershey one time and gave her a little ride. 'little' cause it only lasted as long as it took hershey to figure out what was going on - ha!

      Delete
  2. You take care of that foot - as you say it could have been worse. Who says photography isn't art?? It is in my book!
    Much love from me
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have a nice camera, too, but my cell is just so much more convenient

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry for this frustrating adversity, Alice! But I did love seeing your horses and donkeys! You never know how much you want to work - especially cleaning! - until you can't. I broke my leg when my fourth child was four months old, and we lived in a quad level house! I know exactly how you're feeling. :( Rest in the Lord and "let patience have her perfect work". You're on my prayer list! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, ann, i always appreciate your prayers! i'm hoping to get some drawing in today as i sit on my chaise - yet again.

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).