Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Diva Challenge #145

www.thecreatorsleaf.blogspot.com
Today I felt like playing with some color. This is one of those blown out rings I showed you how to create two posts back. It just screamed sea urchin to me and thankfully I was perusing Sandy Steen Bartholomew's book Totally Tangled and came across this tangle by Sandra Strait - called urchin! It fits perfectly with the circles and I love the way it turned out.
www.thecreatorsleaf.blogspot.com
This week's Diva Challenge is to use the new official tangle quib. That's the up and down part of the above tangle. It is very similar in nature to Michele Beauchamp's mak-rah-mee tangle, so I combined the two. It almost reminds me of jelly fish and a couple octopi. I love the flowy nature of both tangles and I am definitely going to play some more with both of these! 
iamthedivaczt

To get involved in the Diva Challenge, head on over to Laura's page - I Am the Diva here and check it out! 

The Creator's Leaf

9 comments:

  1. Both tiles look great, Alice. Really love your beautiful backgrounds on these, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorful backgrounds, they bring out your tangles beautifully. Mak-ra-me and Quib are the perfect combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those holes really look deep - like the way those two patterns layer themselves together & weave almost like mak-rah-mee…… This really shows how to let the colours inform the tangles……
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Both the tangles work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your combination of the two new tangles and these beuatiful colors is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tiles! Love those backgrounds as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colored background. I think those two patterns really go well together. Wish I had thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful backgrounds! I love your Quib and the Mak-rah-mee - a real aquatic feel!

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).