Monday, September 9, 2013

Trying to Learn How to Draw

Fair warning - this post might be a little scary. I am trying to learn how to draw. Now, that's a scary thought! I get told all the time that I draw really well, to which I always respond with, "I can not draw." Like, not at all!
I am taking a class from Dion Dior, (wow! am I ever far behind!), and this particular lesson was a push for us to start sketching. Now, Dion is really, really talented! And it would seem she makes enough sense to be able to walk me through the basics of a couple pieces of fruit. (Hopefully you can tell what they are supposed to be. Hahaha!) My husband said that one of my pears is slumped over taking a nap :).
To say that I am stunned would be an understatement. I can even tell what they are! (Of course, I am cheating because I have the lesson plan.) Next? To paint some of these little guys. Yeah, that one may take a bit longer! But, I'm getting pumped, trying to psych myself up to get in the mood. Probably not going to be a happening thing today, though. Hahaha!


The Creator's Leaf

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. hahaha! that could actually be either one :)

      Delete
  2. My heartfelt sympathy - I KNOW! Shading - help, all those things & composition......... bit by bit we'll get there.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. learning slowly, interestingly - what i know about shading from zentangle helped a lot with the shading here

      Delete
  3. Your drawings are looking good! I'm of the opinion that it's all about practice. I love your slumped pear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! thanks, helen! i smile when i look at it :)

      Delete
  4. very interesting
    i wait another lesson ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as soon as i have time to fit it in, fifi, you will see it here :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).