Friday, August 16, 2013

Feel the Flow

I drew this tile awhile back. I've long had a fascination with the undersea world. When I was growing up in Newfoundland, my dad would fish off the only dock on the Navy base in Argentia just about every weekend. He fished for cod and flounder, and would often catch a puffer fish. It seems like they called them blowfish back then. I remember him taking me to the base library when I was about ten years old and we checked out this wonderful, big, full-color book of ocean photography. For almost a year, I kept that book checked out, renewed and renewed again. I loved it! My dad never got to see any of my drawings, but I know that he would have loved them! And he would have shown them to every single person at his church.

The Creator's Leaf

5 comments:

  1. I loved this post. Made me cry. Love your beautiful seascape, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, ann! i miss my dad so much. i know he would have been so happy to see what i'm doing now. and he would love how my family is doing and be so proud of my kids. now i'm crying

      Delete
  2. What a lovely tribute to your father. I love the underwater scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real treasure of a memory. Neither of my parents got to see what I'm doing but I know my Dad's technical drawing skills are somewhere buried in me. Just a lovely post.
    Much love
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).