Saturday, April 13, 2013

Earth Day Swap

Earth Day is April 22, 2013. It is a day to celebrate environmental protection. In preparation for this event, a group of CZTs participated in a post card swap. Our tangles were supposed to start with the letters e, a, r, t, or h. We swapped four cards. For whatever reason I did not take pictures of the first two cards I made. I remember that one went to Dilip in India - I used henna drum on that one. In the card above, I tried out a new pattern on that background wall. I do not remember what the pattern's called, but I really like the way it looks. It will be a new addition to my steampunk collection.
This was the 4th card I drew. I stuck with the flower-ish theme with rock 'n' roll surrounded by H2O Lilly across the top. The color on both these cards came from Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils.
So far I have received this card from Laurie Doucette. It is the map of her home state - New Hampshire. She tangled each county in a different pattern. I love it!

The Creator's Leaf

1 comment:

  1. Alice, your Earth cards are stunning, the arrangement and selected tangles look so natural together. Your coloring really enhanced the designs. Thanks for sharing. Hope we get to see the other two cards sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).