Friday, March 15, 2013

It's Spring!

Lately, my postman has been bringing me some incredible packages! This week's package came from my dear friend Cindy from Cottage Remnant. I actually met Cindy online, through a weekly challenge I occasionally participate in called Artist's Play Room. I say 'occasionally' because it's a challenge that is a real stretch for me most of the times. Cindy and I started talking back and forth on each others' posts and we ended up being friends. This week she sent me this awesome package of goodies celebrating spring!
There was this lovely card - Cindy's artwork - and I loved what Cindy wrote inside! 
And there was a collection of beautiful spring cards - again, all Cindy's artwork. Isn't she talented! Beautiful blues and pinks and greens. All Cindy's signature colors!
This is my absolute favorite card! These words remind me of a song called Blessed Be Your Name. I know the Newsboys sing it, but I prefer hearing Rebecca St. James sing it. I love this song!
It's definitely springtime. Where Cindy lives it's still freezing cold! Where I live it was in the middle 70's today.
But spring is definitely upon us. Flowers are blooming where I live. I have patches of beautiful pink azaleas growing in my  yard.
Easter will be here soon. The easter lilies are already blooming along our highways at home. I remember one year when my parents came to visit for Easter and my mom and I went out early Easter morning to pick a bouquet of easter lilies for the dinner table. We parked on the side of the highway and were jumping across a ditch to get to the flowers when a huge cow popped through the fence and scared us half to death. I am surprised neither of us fell into the ditch - hahaha! Every time I drive by that spot in the road, I think about that day.
Spring also brings Mother's Day, which is especially important to both Cindy and I. Our moms were both in the hospital last week. Her mom is now home, my mom is almost home.
Blessed. We are blessed. Cindy and I both. I am blessed to have such a wonderful friend - and one that I've never even seen face to face. I will one day, whether it be here on earth, or whether it be in heaven, one day for sure my dear friend, Cindy. One day for sure! Thank you for this wonderful, heartfelt package!

Now, back to the song. Blessed Be Your Name, written by Matt and Beth Redman during the September 11th terrorist attacks in the United States, here are some of my favorite parts:

Blessed be Your name
in the land that is plentiful,
where your streams of abundance flow
blessed be Your name.

Blessed be Your name
when I'm found in the desert place,
though I walk through the wilderness,
blessed be Your name.

Blessed be Your name
on the road marked with suffering,
though there's pain in the offering,
blessed be Your name.

Every blessing you pour out
I'll turn back to praise.
When the darkness closes in, Lord,
still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be Your name.
Blessed be the name of the Lord,
Blessed be Your glorious name.

(Just some of my favorite parts, cut, taken out of order, and pasted together.
Please forgive me, Matt and Beth.)


The Creator's Leaf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have been waiting to hear from you :).