Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve, 2012

The year 2012 is almost complete. It is almost history, done, over, out of there, kaput. You get the picture. Much has happened this past year. As far as my blog goes - it's quite obvious that photography has taken a back seat as I focus on artwork and make strides to learn some new skills. I began my art journey in April - by studying/stalking pinterest boards dedicated to art journaling. One thing led to another and before I knew it I was flying to Rhode Island to train and get certified to teach Zentangle®. I still click a photo here and there, but these days the pics are typically taken with my cell phone.
Our family continues to grow as Jason and Bobbie will be welcoming a daughter into the world in about four months. Nicole and Dale have expanded their family to a total of six children between them - two boys, four girls - yay for girls! Kali is now in a courting relationship with Joshua (scroll down to post titled The Perfect Christmas Gift). She is making plans to head to Maryland in May to attend L'Academie de Cuisine and gain certification as a professional pastry chef. Mark and I are still trudging along - paying bills and making it day by day. Thankful is what we are! Thankful for our wonderful family and thankful for another year. Thankful for God's blessings and thankful for each other. As we ring in 2013, let's remember all the little things that add up to one great big blessing. And be thankful.
The Creator's Leaf

5 comments:

  1. Thankful I've met you along this Zentangle journey this year, Alice! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dawn, happy new year to you and your family!

      Delete
  2. Have a super New Year & wishing you all the best - we trudge on too...... a few upheavals I can see along the way but I know He has things under control.
    I'm hugely thankful too.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great new year's. Yes, a lot to be grateful for.

    I love the colors on that first zentangle. How did you get that? What products and paper did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, rita, i was out of town and working with a cell phone. makes blog commenting a bit dicey at times :) anyway, i'm home now. i used Derwent Inktense Pencils - they are super easy, if you haven't used them yet, all you do is color with them wherever you want your color. then go over them with a wet brush - i use tim holtz' flat waterbrush - and the water turns them into lovely watercolors. once they are all dry, you can tangle right over the color :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).