Wednesday, November 28, 2012

No Strings Attached - Diva Challenge #97

Laura's challenge to us this week was to tangle with no string. Just grab a tile and go for it! I typically draw this way anyway, so I just had fun with it!
I started by coloring my tile with some of Tim Holtz' distress stains. I'm not sure why I can't get the colors to look right in this post. The paints gave me some pretty vibrant orange and pink. Can't really see that here. Then I started in one corner and started laying down tangles.
I began with that asian fan pattern and it really reminded me of a roller coaster track. I noticed as I kept drawing patterns that my tile began to remind me of an amusement park. Perhaps you can see the roof of a lovely carousel.
I kept building on that carousel and filled in some other pieces.
This indy-rella just really reminded me of a merry-go-round on a playground. Spinning and spinning.
I really like this pattern that I used for fencing. It's called cheesecloth. It's easy to draw, it's forgiving, and it looks great. I made some breaks in my fence - maybe we could sneak in that way to go ride those rides! Do you think anyone would notice?
And here is my completed amusement park! Lots of fun to be had here. A great way to spend a day! 
This is what I have on top of my work station tonight. That little Tinkerbell tin has seen better days, but  it is where I keep the pens I use the most - easily portable, easy to access.
Last night was a late one! Didn't go to bed until almost 5 AM, not good. Just before I called it a night - or morning - I pulled out four tile and slapped some Adirondack acrylic paint dabber colors on them and left them to dry overnight. I hope to be drawing on these soon!

Please visit Laura Harms' page here and check out all the 'no strings attached' drawings for the week. You could even post one of your own!

iamthedivaczt

The Creator's Leaf

11 comments:

  1. Gosh Alice, what a late night and fun, love your indy-rella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun tile you have here!! Love the chaos and the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice, I love your amusement park. It is beautifully done and the color is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Alice, I LOVE your tile. You chose some great tangles and the colour is beautiful.
    Awake already?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the touches of colour you've used in the corners of this tile Alice. So nice to see your process. 5am - uugh - I used to have the odd all nighter back when I had to work to deadlines, now I am lucky if I make it to 1am ....... rarely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Without a string I can tell your pen took wings and just had fun....and the result is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun place to be. Like the touch of color and enjoyed seeing the pictures of your process. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you showed us the process. It turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for showing your process. I found it very helpful. The tile itself is so beautifully done, and so much fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello!
    I don’t know how you feel about rewards, but I would like to nominate you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Here is what you should do:

    1. Display the award logo in your blog (it can be found in my blogpost http://creativedoodlingwithjudy.blogspot.com.au/2012/12/inspirational-blog-award.html#comment-form
    2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
    3. State 7 things about yourself.
    4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
    5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.

    Kind regards,
    //Judy

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).