Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I Got Mail!

Amazon.com is my go-to store when I want to order. Being a prime member means I get free two-day shipping. All year long! I got this box of wonderful stuff today and I am still excited! On top of the stack is the 11 3/4" x 8 1/4" Moleskine watercolour album A4, made of heavy paper, 200 gsm 25% cotton fibre cold pressed, identical on both sides, acid free, neutral PH, archive quality ISO 9706, without bluing - not even sure what all that means except . . . it's time to watercolor! like a boss! Truly, I love moleskine! Their books are excellent quality, durable, sturdy, dependable, love the paper as long as I use the book for its intended purpose. No watercoloring in the ruled books, or the sketchbooks.
I can not wait to get started with this one! An art journal is your collection of who you are, where you have been, what makes you - you! This book presents art journal pages from various artists around the world - 1,000 art journal pages actually. Everyone should be able to find a style, or an artist, that suits your taste. This collection provides a wide array of ideas, techniques, and themes to inspire and inform mixed media and journaling enthusiasts. Something for everyone! Presented by Dawn DeVries Sokol. Contributing artists that I recognize are Ingrid Dijkers, Michele Haan, Adolfo Serra, Carla Sonheim, Judy Wise, and Lori Zimmerman. There are many, many more! And I'm loving these beautiful, full-color pages!
One more! I can already tell this is going to be a favorite of mine! Amazon describes the book this way - With Journal Fodder 365, the Journal Fodder Junkies will lead you on a year-long adventure in drawing and writing, in painting and collage, and in the flotsam and jetsam of your daily experiences. You will uncover simple strategies to make the visual journal a part of your life and you'll discover new techniques for refining your personal narrative in an authentic and unique voice. This book is brilliant! Lots of techniques demonstrated with step-by-step photos and full-color illustrations. You are going to love this book - I expect I will be returning to this one time and time again!

Good job today, Amazon! Way to make my day!
The Creator's Leaf

7 comments:

  1. As I mentioned? You are loved by God! ;) I am verry happy for you! You deserve to be spoiled ;)

    And books ...i think are full of ideas, please post some pages...sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fifi - what techniques are you interested in? what would you like to learn more about?

      Delete
    2. I am fascinated by mixed media and watercolor..
      My favorites are:
      http://blogdelanine.blogspot.ro/
      http://alisaburke.blogspot.ro/
      http://wyartjewels.blogspot.ro/
      http://suziblu.typepad.com/a_lovely_dream/
      http://dudadaze.blogspot.ro/
      http://danitaart.blogspot.ro/

      ... ;)

      Delete
  2. I've just been trying to find out if the Moleskine sketchbooks will tolerate water so I guess this answers that - I'll go for the watercolour cold pressed then for my tangle course work - maybe I should have one of each, one for pencils & one for wet techniques. Back to the drawing board - all I know is we're going to be using Tombow Markers with the blender.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my son loves his tombow markers - that's all he uses!
      i'm still experimenting with books. i think one for pencils and one for wet is probably a good idea. i seem to always change my mind in the middle of drawing - i have a lot of warped pages.

      Delete
  3. I have trouble with Moleskines. They writing journals are not very fountain pen friendly, not a fan of the manilla folder paper in the sketchbooks, and I use too much water for washes in their watercolor journals because they buckle to beat the band on me. I know other people love them and they have probably millions of fans--I wanted to love them, but I don't. :( Glad you do, though.

    I just watched a free demo hour online of the two Journal Fodder guys and want to get their book!! I hope you like it and it has lots of good ideas. Let us know, okay?

    I love getting books. And Amazon has been turning into a go-to place for me because they carry just about anything and everything these days. Enjoy your new treasures!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rita - i guess it would make a difference if you use a lot of water - i haven't done that yet. what books do you use for your color washes? and i will have to check out that demo - the book is great!

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).