Thursday, September 27, 2012

Divas and Strings

iamthedivaczt
Week number 88 with the Diva's Challenge - welcome to IX. My CZT class was the 9th one, roman numeral IX, hence the name IX. This pattern was introduced at our class and I have to say I don't like this pattern one bit. I just don't get it. I keep trying, but it is not my friend. You can see IX in the upper right section of my tile.
It is also time for string #19 at Tangle Patterns. The string was given by Linda Selymes. Above is my tile I drew to go with this string. This tile is posting for both the Diva's Challenge and Linda's string challenge at Tangle Patterns. Go check it out and while you're there, why don't you post some tiles of your own :).
The Creator's Leaf

15 comments:

  1. I think you did a beautiful job with IX, Alice. Really love that you have blocked in some of the lines, and the large dark areas work really well with your other pattern choices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, helen, i like the way the tile turned out :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is nice and bold. Shhh-h-h-h don't tell anyone you don't like IX because based on this lovely tile, we would never guess. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. IX is not a friend to a lot of use, however after trying it gets better I think. But, IX or not, I really like your tile. Like the balance between black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i'm still working on IX, hopefully it will improve over time

      Delete
  4. Beautiful ribbons of IX! Wow it works well this way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very bold and graphic--great tile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you always do such a nice job, Alice. I really like your use of light and dark in this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks :) trying to find that good balance between elements - that's what i'm focusing on now

      Delete
  7. awesome!!!
    the most i love circles with flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, fifi, that's a new pattern i found online somewhere - called manie leggs - i like the way it looks

      Delete
  8. ha! thanks! i need to go find your tile and look at the adventure :)

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).