Thursday, August 9, 2012

Brayd With the Diva, A String, and Inspiration

iamthedivaczt
I apologize up front because I am going to use this tangled tile for three challenges this week - I have never done this before.  I am feeling the stress this week - I am leaving town in two days for almost a week and I am nowhere near being ready. So, up first is Challenge #82 from the Diva (AKA Laura) - that's police talk :). Laura challenged us to use Shelly Beauch's pattern brayd for our tile. I think I have drawn this pattern once before, so it was like new for me. The hardest part was taking my time, and not rushing my way through.
The second challenge comes from Linda Farmer at Tangle Patterns. The string came from Barbara Finwall.
When I drew this, I patterned my brayd along the lines of the string Barbara drew for us. To give the color - I used Derwent graphitint pencils, and their metallic pencils with a water brush. I really like the way the graphitint pencils look - like aged patina - sweet!
Inspiration Avenue Challenge Link
Inspiration Avenue offered a challenge this week to use the art of zentangle. Above, I used the patterns brayd, jalousies, and two of my own patterns - blox and barz.

To see some fantastic art, go to these sites and check it out! You can share your work with us! The Diva Challenge, Tangle Patterns, and Inspiration Avenue
The Creator's Leaf

29 comments:

  1. OOh, love this tangle, I had noticed your backgrounds when i came looking at your new site by cindy. I'm loving what you both did. Great decisions and really beautiful header.
    Thanks for participating in my IA challenge!
    Best,
    Jenn of www.JustAddWaterSilly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, jenn, steampunk is really where i seem to be spending most of my drawing time. and cindy was amazing! she was willing to try anything and offered some great suggestions. i think we make a wonderful team :). and i made a new friend :)

      Delete
  2. Your colors are great--I need to stop reading about all these different pencils and pens!!! Spending entirely too much time at Michaels and on Amazon these days drooling over new toys! Haha! And I'm so excited about IA and the APR...loving anything that keeps me thinking and creating! Now get yourself ready for your trip--we'll be here when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dawn, i hope to have a great time - a little nervous, but i know it will be awesome! i'll be a CZT when i come home :)

      the pencils are fun and offer many options. at the dick blick site you can even buy them individually - if that helps any . Christmas will be here before we know it - maybe Santa will bring you some :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous combination Alice. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so excited about the CZT training, shelly, and really nervous, but i can't wait to go!

      Delete
  4. I like how you used "brayd" in a "steampunk" setting. Creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, susan, i just love the steampunk! have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  5. yay! you used blox - i want to see what you drew :) - is it on your blog? i'll have to go look

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a wonderful time with the CZT training. I must admit I'm rather partial to the Steampunk too but haven't ventured as far as combining it with tangling. All this is still so new.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, paula, i will! hopefully i will have fun stuff to post when i get home!

      Delete
  7. So even without much time, you did a geat job. I love your Brayd!

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's called - staying up until 2:00 AM to get it finished :) thank you, annemarie - i appreciate you stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely work and great coloring - in spite of all the stress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing wrong with submitting one tile to more than one challenge when they fit! This is an awesome tile!. I personally really like steampunk, and I think the brayd goes very well with it. Have a great time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think brayds might be my favorite zentangle pattern. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't blame you for entering three challenges at once Alice...I've entered two this week too for the first time. Life can just get too hectic at times.
    Love your tangle design Alice...Good luck with the training...I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nessie! I'm at the hotel already. We start tomorrow afternoon. :)

      Delete
  12. I really like this very bold statement. Your individual tangle designs are really wonderful, too. I like the Steampunk look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria! I Really enjoy the steam punk

      Delete
  13. I really love the colored version! And your new header is beautiful, too. Ya know, sometimes when we're really stressed we need to give ourselves permission to just drop some art challenges...just for one week! We'll still be here when you get back! ;D

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).