Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pear . . . Pear??? Yes! APR #18






just add water silly's blog hop link
Photobucket
When Jenn said this week's challenge in the Artist's Play Room was going to be pears, I thought . . . pears???? Turns out she was serious - hahaha! I've never drawn a piece of food in my life. I figured this would be one challenge I would wait out and see what she had to offer next :). But - last night I had a few minutes and thought, why not. I surprised even myself with the above drawing, which I colored with my Derwent Inktense Pencils - love those pencils! At first I was going to tangle the pears, but I figured I'd better quit while I was ahead.
Photobucket
Then tonight - I thought I'd make a special pear. I was looking at princess quotes for something else I was working on for facebook and had this idea. So. For all the princesses - here you go - cause once you are a princess, you are always a princess! Thank goodness, too, cause who doesn't want to be a princess!

Visit the Artist's Play Room here to check out all the pear offerings - and I promise they will be more serious - and artistic - than mine!
* * * * * * * * * * *
I am also going to use my tangled Princess Pear for the ZIA Challenge this week - tangled fruit. You can check them out here:

19 comments:

  1. I like both of these pear pieces, especially the first one. I think it's the colors. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it was fun - and i really liked yours. you did some awesome projects this week!

      Delete
  2. Love your pear drawing but have to say the princess is gorgeous. Reminds me of my eldest daughter!!
    Von

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! the princess reminded me of a few people, too :)

      Delete
  3. Alice I think your pears are positively perfect! (LOL)
    You've used your pencils differently than me, which shows just how versatile and brilliant they are. I was even thinking of zentangling my pears too, but just stopped myself.
    The 'Princess Pear' is so funny...she really looks like she enjoys her high status.
    Enjoy your weekend. Neesie (APR) #17

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL.....great pears Alice.....look at you go!!!!

    awesome job on the first time "food" creating.... LOL

    blessings,
    Cindy♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! you just never know. this was fun!

      Delete
  5. In the first one, I love the colors all around the pears that make them pop in their coolness..which if you think of eating one raw they always feel cool. I like the white space around them, too. In the second i just love the whole illustration and the tangled parts and the quote...just everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, gloria, i appreciate you always coming by and leaving me encouraging words :)

      Delete
  6. For a last minute, quick idea, those pears are lovely. Using the inktense pencils is always such fun, isn't it? It's a great drawing. The second one is so whimsical and fun! She's quite saucy! Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome, terrie, i always enjoy coming to your page :)

      Delete
  7. Oh Alice, I love them both!! I wish I would have found a few minutes to sneak a pear in this week!! Maybe I will jump in next one! Lovely work:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's always this week, laurie :). the theme is ink, pens, and paper. thanks for stopping by - hopefully you can participate this week :)

      Delete
  8. Loving those pears, especially the princess. I had trouble resisting showing your princess instead of your painting as she's so full of attitude but then I took another look at those pears and they won 'cause they're so gorgeous. Beauty over attitude always wins in my book! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, jenn, the diva pear was a lot of fun! but i actually learned something from painting the pears - so that one does win :) thanks for doing these challenges, they are pushing me into learning new things!

      Delete
  9. OH these are delightful! I cannot believe that first pair are your first pears ever - you nailed them. And of course Princess Pair is all for me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late getting around to the APR posts this week. You did a great job on the pears. I want to buy and try some of those pencils. Your princess is a kick!

    Darla

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).