Sunday, June 24, 2012

Zendala Dare #11

Photobucket
Erin at The Bright Owl presented us with the eleventh zendala dare this week. Above is my traditional zentangle approach to the dare: betweed, zedbra, and something I learned on Art With Mr. E's page. Sorry, don't know the name of the pattern.
Photobucket
This is the blank mandala Erin gave us to use. I chose to ignore some of the lines and to let my patterns overrun those areas.
Photobucket
Then I drew this one up. I'm really enjoying the steampunk angle, and though this design is a simple one - the mandala was perfect for the steampunk idea. The outer ring is called linked. The background is a pattern I've been referring to as barz. I don't know if it's anyone's pattern, but I have been using it a good bit. Filled in the color with what else? Derwent inktense pencils, Pitt artist pens, and slicci pens. This is actually an instagram pix of my tile.

You can see all the zendala dare offerings at Erin's page here. You can even join in the fun! Erin posts a new blank every Friday.

17 comments:

  1. I like them both and they are both so different. I am so new to zentangle that I don't know any of the names and techniques. I guess I should google or buy a book or something. I've just been doing my own thing, but it has been fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rita - i learned a lot of the names on pinterest - you can visit blogs also - but a lot of them are on pinterest. if you ever look at my boards (alice hendon) i have 3 that have zentangle patterns in them. if you are interested and have the time :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I really love the 'arty' watercolored one! (Or isn't it watercolor?) It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. why thanks :) and i don't have a clue myself - haha! thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I stared at your steampunk drawing for a long time studying the design. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, celia! i am enjoying the steampunk stuff - trying to figure out how to adapt patterns to fit the genre. i'm glad you enjoyed my drawing :) and thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  4. Both are awesome, but I really love the steam punk. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Specially love the steampunk one.... you seem to have a knack for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sue, it's definitely what i'm leaning towards the most

      Delete
  6. They're both wonderful, but the steampunk one is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both Zendalas are super but I vote the. Steam punk one #1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely, the Steampunk one is my favourite though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great responses to the Dare! I especially love the steampunk inspired version. Thanks for taking the Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both really nice, but I too, like the colors and look of the steampunk inspired version best.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).