Monday, June 25, 2012

Tape the String - ZIA Journal #25

Photobucket
The ZIA Journal challenge at Tangles and Stuff is called Tape the String this week. To do that, I took a sheet of watercolor paper and randomly placed blue painter's tape on it. Some pieces wide, and some torn into thinner strips. With the tape in place, I slapped on some watercolor paint. 
Photobucket
When the paint dried, I dropped drips of paint on to the page and blew them around with a straw. Once all this was dry I removed the blue strips of painter's tape. In those white spaces I added various tangle patterns. I might do this again tomorrow and tangle the painted areas. We'll see. This was a load of fun to do! And I love the bright colors - I am all about the color! If you'd like to join in this week's challenge and play with tape - check it out here at Tangles and Stuff :).

4 comments:

  1. That's a wild idea! I love blowing paint or ink with a straw. this turned out great and it does look like it was fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and it was super easy! one suggestion was to test the tape before you paint. put a strip down, then make sure you can remove it without tearing up the paper. that's why i used painter's tape. it's easy to remove. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alice - this is AWESOME! I love the vibrancy of your colors and your tangles look wonderful against that fun background! So glad you enjoyed this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like how yours turned out. You don't really have to add more tangles it looks great the way it is.

    ReplyDelete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).