Sunday, May 13, 2012

Zendala Dare #5 with the Bright Owl

Photobucket
It is hard to believe it's already the 5th week of Erin's Zendala Dare! This is the pattern she gave us this week. It's really very simple (snicker, snicker!) Erin gives us a pattern and challenges us to fill it with various tangles. Then we get to share our work through her blog and we can visit everyone else's page and learn from their work. The hard part for me is deciding which tangles to use. Sometimes it just comes to mind - like last weeks' surboards. Sometimes it's a bit of struggle for me. I'm sure that is what Erin has in mind with this dare - to challenge us, to push us, and to help us learn. So, with that said, here is my finished zendala for this week :).
Photobucket
I am really interested in steampunk design right now - for whatever reason - and I knew I wanted to use that this week. It was a lot of fun! I used: spinner, metal plate, assemblies, deha, and two patterns that I just made up - geerz and barz. For the color I used Derwent Inktense Pencils with a water brush.

You can find the Zendala Dare here. Check out everyone's zendalas for the week and maybe you'd like to post one of your own! We'd all love to see you there!

24 comments:

  1. I LOVE this zendala! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool zendala! I wasn't familiar with steampunk design until you commented that one of my zendalas had a steampunk look, so of course I had to look it up. This is a great design. It's amazing the different looks we all get from the same template.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree! everyone's zendalas are so different. sometimes it's hard to realize we all started at the same place and used the same template :)

      Delete
  3. Very cool! Love the depth of color, and the very mechanical feel of all the tangles. Great detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, sue! sorry, i didn't know a lot about comment etiquette back in may :( i do appreciate you leaving me such a wonderful comment!

      Delete
  4. This is such a wonderful, artistic interpretation of this zendala. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love this Steampunk style. I have seen it lots in cardmaking before but not in Tangles. I will have to give this a go, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should try it out, fiona, it's lots of fun!

      Delete
  6. Awesome Zendala.. I really like how you made it look like parts of a machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. genie - i'm really liking this steampunk stuff - thanks for your comments :)

      Delete
  7. Love the steampunk! Very clever way to combine two different art styles and come up with something so dynamic. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW< WOW< WOW! It's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your steam punk Zendala is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your steam punk zendala is terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Zendala rocks! I love how you got a very "rusted" look on your steam punk interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, joni! sorry to be so long in commenting - didn't now a lot about comment etiquette back then

      Delete
  12. WOW...Gorgeous! I agree with all of the above...you hit steam punk out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, sue! i'm sorry to take so long in responding - didn't know much about comment etiquette back in may - i appreciate you coming by my page :)

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. thank you so much, patty! i'm glad you enjoyed my drawing!

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).