Wednesday, August 29, 2018

From Hahnemühle Watercolor Paper to Procreate Mandala #hahnemühle #hahnemuhleharmony #procreateart

Alice Hendon, Hahnemühle background converted to Procreate mandala
 Still having fun with this Procreate app on my iPad. 
So, so much to learn!
I made this last night while listening to TV.
Let me walk you through what I did. 
Alice Hendon, Hahnemühle background converted to Procreate mandala
 Earlier in the month, I did a product review for the
Hahnemühle Harmony Hot Pressed Watercolour Paper. 
You can read the review here.
For this project in Procreate,
I imported one of the backgrounds I made for that
review - using the Hahnemühle Harmony paper. 
I put the settings on symmetry and clicked the radial option.
The cool thing about radial symmetry is this -
whatever you draw in one section of the radial grid
automatically appears in all the other sections. 
I started in the center by drawing one loop.
The program replicates that one loop into eight.
I just kept adding lines.
Alice Hendon, Hahnemühle background converted to Procreate mandala
 I am so in awe of what the program does that I have
trouble remembering what tangles I know. 
Hahahahahaha!
I figure loops, auras and copadas are always
a good way to go. 
And a mix of straight and curves.
You know . . . for balance.
And I could tell it needed contrast so I filled
some areas in with black.
Alice Hendon, Hahnemühle background converted to Procreate mandala
And just kept building till I felt like it was complete.
Alice Hendon, Hahnemühle background converted to Procreate mandala
Then I moved on to shading.
Still trying to figure this part out on the iPad - 
I used the airbrush.
I could also do this in color so maybe
next time I will try shading with a 'color'
instead of grey.
Overall I love how it turned out and I am
ready to give it another go!
Procreate App available in the App Store. 

2 comments:

  1. I tried working from the eight loops to see how you'd build it but got myself lost - that looks something like Betweed but then perhaps not because of the symmetry function. Can see why you're getting drawn in to using this tool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to screen shot the lines for the divisions, but the color doesn't show when I do that. if I can figure it out - I will send you a photo so you can see the sections :)

      Delete

I have been waiting to hear from you :).